If you and your family were at high risk of dangerous health concerns and all you had to do was one thing to stop it, wouldn’t you do that thing? Unfortunately, this situation is a reality for many families, but they do not do anything to end this health risk to their families. This is mostly due to being unable to recognize the signs associated.
Many homes in Cache Valley and across America experience untreated mold damage that puts them and their families at risk for numerous undesirable health issues. If these homeowners were able to spot the warning signs that mold was present in their living spaces, they could take the necessary steps to remove the mold and the health risks that come with it. Sierra Restoration serving Logan and Cache Valley is here to explain five warning signs that mold is damaging your home so that you can be prepared to spot mold issues in your home.
If your home has unexplained unpleasant smells, especially a musty smell, this may be an indicator that mold is harming your living space. Following the scent to where it’s strongest can give you a hint as to where it is originating from, but the source of the scent is not always easily discernible to an inexperienced person. This is why you should contact a professional mold remediation company like Sierra Restoration if you smell anything unusual in your home.
If your wallpaper is peeling, bubbling, or cracking beyond the extent that is normal throughout the course of normal wear and tear, this could be a sign that mold is hidden somewhere behind it. If the surface of the wallpaper feels damp to the touch, then the likeliness of the warping being due to mold is even more likely and you should contact a professional for mold repair help.
Mold is often thought of as being brown or black, but it can come in a variety of colors, anywhere from white to gray to green. For this reason, if you see any dark spots of any color begin to emerge on your wall, note that this suggests the presence of mold.
Sometimes a symptom of mold damage in your home is your health. Some common symptoms of being regularly exposed to mold are worsened asthma, experiencing a ?cold? that just won’t go away, or worsened allergies. Of course, all of these health conditions by themselves aren’t a guarantee that your home has mold damage, but these health problems combined with another mold indicator make a pretty strong case for the presence of mold.
Mold needs water to grow, so if your home recently underwent water damage, this could lead to mold repair being necessary. Watch for other signs of mold in the area of the water damage.
If you suspect that your home has fallen victim to mold damage, contact a professional mold removal business. Contact Sierra Restoration if you live in Logan or the surrounding valley.